Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Drinking wine is good for NHL!!

http://www.genengnews.com/news/bnitem_print.aspx?name=53145815

".. This study was the first to examine the link among patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Han and her colleagues analyzed data about 546 women with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.

They found that those who drank wine had a 76 percent five-year survival compared with 68 percent for non-wine drinkers. Further research found five-year, disease-free survival was 70 percent among those who drank wine compared with 65 percent among non-wine drinkers ..."


Couldn't resist posting this when I read about it on one of the NHL boards! I've drunk wine for more years than I care to remember, so it's all good news!! I did stop when I was going through chemo, but started drinking wine again a few months later ... in moderation of course!

Everything seems to be going well health-wise. I've been on antibiotics for 3 weeks now - am trying to get rid of the cough which comes back everytime I stop a course. So I'm taking 3 lots - 30 days worth in all, and then we shall see. If it comes back again I think I'll have to go back to the chest physician again.

Lately I've been going to have my monthly IV-IG infusions without seeing Dr Bentley. He said just to come and see him if I had a problem. I'll be having a CT scan in the next couple of months so will be seeing him about that, but otherwise life is just flowing on happily normally!

2 comments:

Susan C said...

Like you, I didn't have to wait for a scientific study to drink wine, but I love having this little statistic in my back pocket.

Cheers!

B. said...

Ms. Susie,

I am making my blog privat-o, and need your e-mail address, so I can invite you!

Puh-lease email me:
Rfurey@lesley.edu

When you get a chance,

Bekah

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com