Wednesday, January 2, 2008

new year, new healthy me!

It's kind of surreal to be here in a new year, looking back at last year, and thinking about aspirations (resolutions?!) for this year. Previously when I've been here it's been kind of prosaic. Stuff like - better job, travel overseas, progress in yoga, and add in good health as an afterthought! This year I'm wishing everyone a happy and extremely healthy new year! And that's definitely what I wish for myself!

When big things happen to you, it makes you realise what is really important in life! I look back at the last 6 months and still kind of roll my eyes and wonder - did that really happen? What was that all about?! Still feel like I've spent the past few months in a kind of bubble, beside but not in 'normal' life. And as I look towards getting back into that (so-called!) 'normal life' later this month, I feel it's important to not just get submerged back into things as though nothing had happened. I'm not really sure what that means - mostly that I want to appreciate and enjoy life, and not just drift through without stopping to experience what's important!!

One of the things I'm looking forward to is starting yoga properly again! Classes start at my shala again next week ... I don't know how far I'll get - certainly no further than navasana! When I was at the Woodford festival this past week I did a couple of 'flow yoga' classes. Showed me where my flexibility is (or isn't!), and ditto strength. I couldn't even hold downdog for long ... ! But in a way it'll be nice to start over again ...

0 comments:

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com