Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I learnt something ...

from the nurses, not the doctor, yesterday! Apparently it takes 6 to 12 months after you have finished having chemo, for its effects to fully leave the body!! Maybe my doctor or someone told me that before, but if so I'd completely forgotten it! I really need to take that on board and get rid of my unrealistic expectations about what I 'should' be able to do!!

Anyway - my last mabthera treatment yesterday - went fine, like a breeze. Though my blood levels have got lower this time. I'm wondering if the fact that I'd given up on taking the astrogalus (Chinese herb) lately has had an impact on them? I stopped because I thought it wasn't doing anything. My blood levels didn't seem to be improving. But they weren't going backwards either!! Anyway, I'm back on that now! And my doctor said just to watch my temperature (ie. take it if I think it's rising, and let the hospital know immediately if that happens), and not to worry?!?!

Meeting with doctor went fine. He's scheduled a series of 'end of treatment' tests for after Easter - bone marrow biopsy, PET and CT scans. He said he's not expecting to find anything, but just to be sure/have as a reference point. And then (I think) I'll be down to 3-monthly visits to him, to keep an eye on things.

Now I can forget about it all for the next 6 weeks anyway!!! Have to take it a bit easy today - I'm always a bit tired the day after treatment. But things are good, going well ... !

1 comments:

Yogamum said...

I am so glad you are doing so well!! Lots of love to you!

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com