Wednesday, February 13, 2008

she spoke too soon ...

Well, funny how things can change! During the week I was feeling more and more tired, and suddenly realised I should be checking my temperature. On Friday evening when I got home from work I did that and discovered I had one! 38.2C! So I rang the hospital, and got a call back a while later telling me to come back in!!

Not what I had been planning to do with my weekend!! Most of my clothes were waiting to be washed over the weekend, I had hardly any library books ... a very different scenario from when I would go into hospital last year! And what to do with my pussycat?! In the end I decided I'd probably only be in a couple of days, so left lots of food down for her, plus her cat-door open so she could get in and out. Took enough clothes for 4 days, a couple of books and my laptop, and drove off. Five days later, and I'm still here, though I'm feeling fine!

Turned out I had a staph infection in my porta-cath (the device they 'implanted' into me to drip intravenous fluids/chemo into me). God knows how it got there, but ... Anyway, they had to resort to pretty heavy duty antibiotics to get rid of it (I've been on 3 different ones of varying strengths!). But by Monday I'd stopped having shivering, teeth-chattering fits and/or heat attacks and my temperature had gone back to normal! And I have been feeling perfectly fine since then! My doctor is keeping me here till the end of the week as he wants to keep the antibiotics up so make sure it doesn't come back. Which seems like a good idea!

Luckily I managed to get someone to go out to my house on Sunday to collect some more clothes, and most importantly, to catch Mieke pussycat and take her to the pet motel! That was such a weight off my mind that she managed to do this! I'd been so worried about her ... she's such a sociable cat, and hates being left for even a couple of days!

Felt really bad to be off work for another week (at least) after I'd only been back for three. I know it's not my fault, but still ... They are, of course, being really supportive and telling me to take whatever time I need.

I certainly do live in interesting times ... :)

0 comments:

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com