Wednesday, March 26, 2008

party, and blood levels, and easter


In the order of the blog title ...

1. I'm having a party! Yes, shy, retiring me is getting out there and having a party! I figured I've got so much to celebrate after the past few months, and decided to combine it with my birthday next month. And for the invitation, I found this photo of me taken more years ago than I like to remember! It was in India in the 70s ... :) Just a few birthdays ago, as it says!!

So the party is going to be held in the back yard of this lovely cafe in Brisbane - they are doing the catering and all. I just have to invite the people, extract a contribution from them (!) and do the music!! No doubt pictures from it will appear here afterwards! It's pretty exciting! All part of my new year's resolution to be open to new opportunities!


2. And next: I had a blood test yesterday and when I rang my doctor for the results I was fully expecting to be told they'd fallen and I needed to have another injection to stimulate the white blood cell production. But the injection I had last month seems to have jump-started my bone marrow! My haemaglobin had gone up to 82 (from 50) and my neutrophils are now 3.1 (up from 1.something)!! I was thrilled and my doctor is really pleased too!

3. And I had such a lovely time in NSW (new south wales) at Easter! My brother-in-law and nephews came to my Mum's on Good Friday and took us out to lunch. That evening she had arranged for some people to come round for drinks (my mother being an indefatigable entertainer!). Then on Saturday we went to Sydney, had yum cha in Chinatown (with Jo and Emma), and then saw the Elton John musical - Billy Elliott. Based on the film ... Just fantastic! Apparently it's going from Sydney to New York - so all you NY-ers who are into muscials - go and see it! It's still on in London apparently, too. And finally on Sunday we had a quieter day - phew!

Got home on Monday afternoon, just in time to receive 5 chooks coming to stay for a few months while their owners go overseas! Fresh eggs again - yum!

0 comments:

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com