Monday, March 31, 2008

Practising with someone different

Well, when it came time to go into Brisbane to my yoga class on the weekend I didn't feel up to the 40 minute drive, so instead I practiced at home with Mr Swenson! It's the first time I've done that and it was good. Though I only got as far as the marichyasanas, and wasn't doing full vinyasa or anything. But it felt really positive. I've had a real block about practising at home for ages - best I was able to do was practice at work at lunch-time (don't ask me what the difference is - I don't know!) Maybe now I'll find it easier ... !

I actually got the David Swenson DVD last year in the hope I could use it when I was in hospital or something - but that idea didn't go anywhere as I ended up not being able (strong enough) to practice then. Now I think I'll get the John Scott DVD too.

Last week I ended up going to the university health clinic and seeing the doctor. Hadn't seen her since I started my treatment last year so she was pleased to see me and catch up on how it'd all been. But - because my cough had been hanging around and getting worse, I felt I needed to get it checked out. Had a chest x-ray and turns out I've got (or had) bronchitis! Great!! Onto the antibiotics again and now (4 days later) am feeling much better. Not coughing myself sick at night etc anymore !!!

And ... life is good :)

1 comments:

armani said...

It's great that you're able to practice at home! It takes a lot of motivation and dedication, which is why I have to drive all the way to a studio surrounded by my inspiring shala mates to help me get through my practice.

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com