Sunday, September 16, 2007

Back to 'school' tomorrow

That's what it's sort of like - having had a few days off at home, but knowing that tomorrow it's back to hospital for a couple of weeks, back to chemo, back to all that stuff!! But hey - I'm on the downward slope now - this will be the 4th of 6 treatment periods so each one brings me closer to THE END! (I hope!!)

This time I'll be having the stem cell collection in the 2nd week, so I guess that'll be something different! And I've got a website to make while I'm in there - people in hospital will probably think I'm mad! But as well as working at a university as a web developer, I have a freelance web development business - Greendoor Websites and currently have a website to make for an astrologer. The design has been done by a graphic designer friend, and I've got the photoshop files from her now, so I can have fun playing with that while the chemo drips into me!!

Have had a lovely few days at home. Mum has been here cooking and stuff. And friends have dropped in for lunch and/or to visit. I've even managed to do some summer clothes shopping!! This was all, of course, towards the end of the few days. The first 2-3 days I'm usually affected by the ghastly steroids - I suppose they take a while to get out of my system. But now I'm feeling pretty fit (well, relatively speaking!) so I suppose my body is ready to go back and be attacked by/work at processing the chemo again.

And ashtangi people - I have come to the realisation that in all probability I will not be doing yoga at all until the treatment ends (mid-end November). I just have to let go of that, and enjoy it vicariously through all the ashtangi.net blogs! So keep posting!!!!

btw - I've put 2-3 'hair' photos up on Flickr. No 'bald eagle' ones (unless pressed!) but one from about 10 months ago (ie. normal-length hair!) plus a beanie and a wig view! Everyone is saying the wig looks great and I should keep my hair that length when it grows back. But my hair isn't curly, so it's not going to look like that ... we shall have to see!!

2 comments:

V said...

I like the wig; it's funky! and you have a sweet smile.

Dharmaparma said...

I think you are very wise to give up on the yoga until your treatment ends. Rest and eat chocolate

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com