Sunday, September 30, 2007

Waiting for the stem cells ...

Well, can't say it's been the best 3-4 days ... I got the inevitable infection on Thursday and this time it was a bit worse than previous ones. I ended up staying in bed all day - something I've religiously avoided doing to date!! Normally won't even lie down on it for an afternoon nap or anything, in case anyone thinks I'm sick (!!!)

I've been OK since then, though a bit tired, and of course on 2 antibiotics + saline hooked up to the Baxter drip machine. But I think I'm also starting to get the side-effects of the neupagin (sp?) which is the drug they give me twice a day to stimulate stem cell production. Like night-sweats!! Oh well ... won't be having that for much longer.

Tomorrow (Monday) I get a special blood test to see if there are enough stem cells in my blood yet. I really hope so! The procedure has to be done over two days, so there'd be no chance of going home on Wednesday if the procedure can't start on Monday!! But of course, I have no control here ... sigh!! :)

Today Wendi came in and we spent hours with her telling me about the event with Maharaji, and friends back in the UK, Portugal everywhere! And talking about what we might do when I'm at home with her. Nothing too tiring, but probably to include some gardening, and cooking. Wendi is a wonderful cook - in fact she does a lot of catering for live-in yoga retreats in the Algarve, where she lives! And if I'm feeling OK/up to it, we may go down to Byron Bay for a couple of days too ... just have to see how I feel and what we both want to do!

We were going to go to Morocco next year but it'll have to be put back till the following year I'm afraid - definitely won't have enough money next year! But it'll be something to look forward to ...

0 comments:

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com