Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Chaser - hope the ABC vodcast servers are up to the traffic!

Note: I wrote this post and uploaded it, and then realised that because of the date some people might find anything that contained laughter and Osama bin Laden in the same paragraph offensive or inappropriate. A lot of Australians tend to laugh at things as a way of bringing them down to size, not being frightened of things we can't control. And these guys (The Chaser) take no prisoners. There's nothing they won't take on ... So, I'm sorry - just don't read this if you think it'll offend.

Don't know how many people overseas knew (or cared!) about the APEC meeting of 'world leaders' from the Asia Pacific region held in Sydney last week. I'm just glad I don't live in Sydney any more - it was locked down like somewhere from North Korea or Beijing!! Concrete barriers everywhere stopping anyone going anywhere near all these so-important people!

And then the outrageously funny guys from the ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)'s 'The Chaser's War on Everything' managed to drive an official 'limousine-style' car (complete with Canadian flags, outrunners etc) right through all the checks up to the hotel where George Bush was supposed to be staying, and one of them got out dressed as Osama bin Laden and they all started walking up to the hotel. That was the first point anyone had a clue that all was not well!! Their official passes all included words like 'and give us lots of ice cream' etc etc!! The police were mortified, the majority of Australians cheering and in hysterical laughter! (Including my conservative-voting mother!) Apparently it was over the news all over the world ... :))

Of course they've all been charged with god knows what and threatened with jail, but I can't believe that anyone would allow that to happen. Anyway, tonight is the night the weekly show goes to air. The ABC podcast and vodcast a lot of their TV and radio shows. I can only imagine the hits their servers are going to take tonight as people (including me!) rush to download the vodcast of this episode onto our iPods!!! They must crash! Here's a link to the Chaser area of the ABC website ... http://abc.net.au/tv/chaser/war/ - enjoy!!

1 comments:

gartenfische said...

Tried to watch the video, but it wouldn't work in my browser.

Australians have a fine (if odd) sense of humor. Some of my favorite movies are Australian (Strictly Ballroom, The Dish, Danny and the Deckchair).

Yes, I think some people might be offended by the joke. I think it sounds like a good spoof, but maybe if I'd lost someone on 9/11, I'd feel differently.

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com