Sunday, July 22, 2007

Lazy Sunday ...

Still sitting in the armchair in the window (should escape home tomorrow). Been reading the Saturday papers (Unlike in the UK, it's the Saturday papers in Oz that are huge with magazines and lots of sections, while the Sunday papers are utter crap!) And I'm listening to Charlotte Church (Welsh soprano) on my iPod - lovely!

My mum arrived on Friday from NSW, so she's been in here each day since then. Coming this afternoon. Hopefully we'll both drive off home to Kholo countryside tomorrow. Yesterday she and my aunt collected my pussy-cat Mieke (she who is sleeping on the ironing board in the photo on the right!) from the expensive cattery and took her home to Kholo, set her up with food, hidden entrance to the outside, where I'm sure she'll be much happier on her own for a couple of days!

On Friday night 3 friends from Woodford (annual music festival) came to visit. I really like them but somehow we don't usually see each other during the year, just come together in a big group to camp together for 8 days from Boxing Day, and to volunteer and/or enjoy the music and other amazing things that happen at the Woodford Folk Festival. We had such a great time on Friday evening, catching up on what everyone had been doing, and talking about this and that for hours. Had a great long conversation about that wonderful film The Queen (that Helen Mirren won the best actress Oscar in for her portrayal of Queen Elizabeth II during the week of Diana's death and funeral). That was one of the best films I've seen all year I think - the whole thing rang so true! And seeing those excerpts from the funeral again - so moving.

There was one thing that I remember striking me as utterly medieval during the actual TV coverage of the funeral (which I was of course locked onto that whole day 10 years ago!) And that was when the funeral car was taking her coffin out of London to where she would be buried. And thousands of people lining the route out of London, and throwing flowers down on the road in front of the car ... You just know people did that sort of thing back in the 1400s on occasions such as this!

Anyway - not much medical news to report (thank goodness!) My white blood cell count is rising though I don't know what/where it is. When the weekend doctor did her roundz yesteday and said 'any questions' I forgot to ask! But I will today!! I'm not expecting to go home today, but I am expecting to go tomorrow! (Hope I don't get disappointed!!))

0 comments:

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com