Wednesday, July 25, 2007

home sweet home ...

Well dear readers, I did escape from hospital yesterday (Tuesday) - to much rejoicing. Having learnt a good few lessons about how I do not NOT have control here!! I have to take on that old hippy persona, and 'go with the flow'!! (Why is that so hard nowadays ... ?!!)

Example: I do remember being told the cycles would be 3-4 weeks. So then, knowing when my treatment started, I thought I had it all figured out when I saw that the doctor had written on a form for my superannuation (benefit) fund that treatment should finish by early November. That's 6 x 3 week cycles I worked out. Perfect!! So I marked it all up in my diary and told people those dates when I'd be home, people have been booking flights based on all that! But it all came from me, not the people treating me!! And then I get told that the dates may slip - it depends on how I do in the week away from hospital, may even end up being 2 weeks break, we'll just have to wait and see ... !!!

Never realised I was such a control freak!!!!

It is all 'good', as they say!!!

Anyway - enough of that. I'm home, sitting in bed with cat purring beside me. But I'm very very tired! I have looked at my yoga mat, but that's as far as I've got!! Seems to heavy even to pick up and unroll!! Just have to hope that this is all because I've come off the steroids (no complaints about that!) and that that some strength will come back in the next couple of days
... But even if I never touch it while I'm at home, I'll definitely take a mat into hospital next Monday ... :)

2 comments:

Wayne said...

So glad you made it home! Wishing you all the best...

karen said...

Yes, keep the mat close by, no matter what :-)

Sounds like you are doing well. Your sense of humor is as per usual!

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com