Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Back in hospital ...

Well, had a nice quiet few days at home and came back to hospital on Monday. There was some question over whether I'd be sent home for another week as my blood levels hadn't recovered as much as expected, but in the end the doctor felt that they might still be lowish, so we might as well carry on. All it means is that there is a slightly higher chance that I may get a fever/infection next week when my immune system goes down. But as I'll be here in hospital, they'll be able to jump on that and fix it anyway.

The treatment I'm getting is sort of in two parts. And this 2nd part is the one that targets the bone marrow more anyway, so it's better to do the two treatments close together as planned, and if necessary there may be a longer gap (2 weeks) before I start again on the first part of the 2nd cycle.

Anyway, chemo is dripping into me (pale yellow, rather disgusting!!) as I speak - and I guess it or something continues for the next 3-4 days.

I never did any yoga while I was at home. But I've brought my mat in here and am planning to do some practice next week. I've also brought in a couple of yoga dvds - watched Ashtanga NY yesterday. Whenever I watch that I look at the women who are interviewed, and wonder whether one of them is the infamous Rosebud from the Ashtanga discussion board - she of the ascerbic comments! (I am NOT, of course, including Gwynneth Paltrow as a possibility!!!)

I've got the David Swenson one too - am planning to try and practice to that. I've never done that before - practiced with a video or dvd, so have no idea how I'll find that.

Another dvd I brought in was the wonderful BBC version of Pride and Prejudice - think Colin Firth emerging from the lake in a wet shirt !!! Even I can appreciate that! I'm trying to make myself only watch one episode a day!!

I've also remembered to bring in my Keys dvds which I'm looking forward to watching ...

Can't think of anything else - now I'm back here I'm bound to be blogging a bit more frequently than last week ... :)

1 comments:

Yogamum said...

I think I remember someone saying that Rosebud *is* in that video, but I don't know which one she is.

Take care. You sound like you're in good spirits.

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com