Wednesday, August 8, 2007

I have to eat so much!

A couple of years ago I lost 30K at Weightwatchers - the impetus to finally do something about my weight after having been overweight for 20+ years was yoga! I just couldn't do Marichyasana A (let alone any of the others)! It was fantastic - really worked for me!

But now I'm finding myself in the extraordinary situation of having to eat like a pig - MUCH more than I normally eat, and I'm still losing weight!! The dietician came to see me today and she told me that in Weightwatchers terms, I need to eat 30 points a day! Nearly double what I was eating when I was doing WW, and nearly a third more than I normally eat now. Of course being vegetarian doesn't help (in her view) but I'm now being plied with all these medical protein drinks that contain about 600 calories each! Twice a day!! Plus protein powder into any (vegetarian) soups on offer!

Apart from the constant weight loss, this has also been highlighted by the fact that I have absolutely no b****side to sit on! And my coccyx is getting really paintful I guess I never really addressed this after I finished at WW - anyone have any thoughts on exerrcises to build up muscles in one's backside?

I'm also neutropenic now - meaning I'm open to any infections that are around! Of course this winter is being a particularly bad flu season so I'm having to hope I don't get struck down with that. But I' guess they'll be right onto it as soon as my temperature goes over 38degC.

Yoga - I'm still feeling a bit 'slow' so haven't made an effort yet. I have to remember what the priority really is here ... :) But maybe I'll have a look at the David Swenson dvd and see if there is a short practice that I feel I could attempt - in the next day or two!

0 comments:

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com