Monday, August 13, 2007

Things are looking up!

Have been in a much more cheerful mood for the last 2-3 days - probably since I had a good night's sleep actually!! My white blood count is slowly on the upward move, although the all-important neutrophyls are moving a bit slower. But the doctor said this morning that I should be able to go home tomorrow or Wednesday (depending on neutrophyl results). So that's great. He's also got me disconnected from the drip - just have to have it connected when I get the last of the antibiotics. I also got given some Vitamin K today. Anyone know what this is for I wonder? The nurse didn't!! I wonder where it comes from naturally?

The doctor also said I was doing very well treatment-wise! And that I won't be expected back until the 27th - well, two weeks from today.

I've decided I'm going to wait till I get home and feel stronger before I try any yoga. The past few days I couldn't because of being attached to the drip, and now I just feel this is the best way to go.

2 comments:

Zlatyem said...

Hi Susie
glad you're more cheery! vitamin K is for blood coagulation, but also if you've had disturbed nutrition and/or absorbtion of nutrients. It's usually found naturally in leafy greens (isn't everything!). So basically just a nutritional supplement to keep things ticking over smoothly.

Unknown said...

As far as I know Susie it is to make clotting better. There was a time, not very long ago, when all breastfed babies were made to have it as mum's milk was meant to be short of vit.k. as if... xjudy

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com