Sunday, August 5, 2007

Lazy Sunday ...

It's a(nother) sunny winter Brisbane day - 21degC, brilliant blue skies. As seen from my hospital room window ... Today I have been 'untethered' from all IV drips and so am free to go outside. A friend is coming this afternoon I think and we may go out for coffee! Seems funny to be going out for coffee from hospital! But it will be nice! I know that by Tuesday my immune system will be crashing again and so I won't be allowed to leave the ward floor for fear of infection, so I want to make the most of it.

Although the doctor did say that if I go for a walk in the park I mustn't smell or touch any flowers or foliage. Apparently they're full of fungus!!

Chemo finished on Friday night - and th anti-nausea drugs yesterday. I am glad about that - they do bung you up at both ends!!

And in the next couple of days I will think about doing some yoga here ...

Last night Ross came over and we had a DVD-viewing night on my laptop! We watched Monty Pythons' The Meaning of Life. I'd somehow never seen that before - we laughed madly but god some of it was gross! And I can't imagine how they got away with having young children singing about God loving every little sperm back in the mid-80s!!! And as for the infamous restaurant scene - I really think that the Little Britain guys must have remembered that when they created their 'peeing lady'!!!

Then Ross said he could bring over the Borat movie. Absolutely NO!!! I did see that in the cinema with a couple of friends - just appalling! You couldn't help laughing your head off,, but you were (I was) completely embarrassed to be laughing!!!

I'm going back to Price and Prejudice!!! :)

0 comments:

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com