Thursday, August 30, 2007

Another yoga snob!!



Yes, I did the Yoga Journal survey too, and turns out that even someone like me who has never had a 6-day a week practice except in India (right now it's more like once every 3 weeks but that's just for the moment!!) - is a yoga snob!!

And, looking at the picture I must emphasise that although my yoga shala does supply blankets and the odd block, I would never be seen dead in a place with ropes hanging off the wall!!! Plus I have one friend who does Ashtanga, but not at the same shala. Don't really know any of the other people I practice with, though it'd be nice to. That's one of the unsociable things about mysore classes - everyone ends at different times so it's hard to hang out and talk after class!

(Nice to do a post with nothing about my health issues!!!)

:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hiya Susie
Lynette Reville let me know about your blog, so I had to visit! I'm really glad to see that all is going so well. QUMS is a bit quiet for me at present - Elizabeth is down south for a couple of months, and Glenda is doing a 10 week course, so my usual 'gossip' people are not around. For all that, 'African Sanctus' is good fun, we're also doing 'The Gospel Mass' and are rehearsing 'Links' with a plan to record it. Rehearsal camp is this weekend but I can't go - have a big job on at work and have too much 'homework' to do. Shame because it's up at Coolum and the weather has been so glorious.
Anyways, may your yoga repertoire expand, and may things continue to progress!!!
Cheers
Marilyn

susiegb said...

Great to hear from you Marilyn. I'm so sad to be missing out on African Sanctus - many years ago I worked in London as wardrobe mistress for Lindsay Kemp and he used to play that a lot!! Ah well.. Don't expect to be back at QUMS till next year but that's not so long in the scheme of things!!

See you next year!!

- susie

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com