Friday, August 10, 2007

That which was predicted has come to pass

I got a fever on Wednesday - temperature of 38.4degC. Don't know what that is in Fahrenheit but it's high - anything from 38C they take immediate action on here. So they took blood to see if they could grow anything (!) and started me on these heavy-duty antibiotics - sigh! And I'm attached to a drip again till the antibiotics finish (midnight on Sunday!) Big sigh - I can cope with having to wheel my drip machine around with me in the first week because I know it's going to stop at the end of the chemo! Now I'm hooked up again for 5 days - I do miss my 'freedom'!

Not that it affected me in any obvious way except I was very tired for a couple of days. Well, actually I'm still tired! Have had to have 2 platelets transfusions, and blood too. (I was getting a nosebleed - I've never had nosebleeds before!)

And of course, they always said there was a possibility this might happen in the 2nd week. That's why they keep me in hospital for this week, so if anything happens they can act straight away. I can of course see that there i also a possibility I may have to stay in hospital for a day or so longer - but maybe not. I am much more relaxed about it all now!

Anyway, I'm still overall cheerful, but a bit quiet at the moment! And totally sick of all the chemical food supplement drinks they keep trying to make me have. I've spat the dummy and refused to have any today!! Instead a friend brought in some cream for me last night and I had porridge with lashings of cream for breakfast! And I'll put it in the potato & leek soup that I think is coming at dinner time too! :)

4 comments:

crankyhausfrau said...

hang in there! you are a strong strong lady!

Zlatyem said...

Hey Susie!
mmm... cream!! I can't eat cream at the moment, so have an extra dollop for me :D
Emma!

karen said...

Wow, despite the fever, you sound great. That's a very strong spirit you've got, Susie. I'm impressed.

Yogamum said...

Good for you for insisting on the "real" foods. How can that chemical shake stuff be any good for you? Bleah.

Take care. Blessings to you.

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com